Why do this on your campus?
- To embody God’s hospitality to campus by leaning into Asian American gifts of hospitality, community, and relationship.
- To value and empower many gifts within the community for evangelism.
- To appreciate the importance of “social” gatherings for outreach (they are missional!).
- To honor and hold people’s stories and journeys with genuine care as a community.
- To partner with the Holy Spirit and experience the joy of seeing God move in your community.
Who should use this toolkit?
While this toolkit was developed by InterVarsity’s Asian American Ministries with Asian American contexts in mind, we think that the principles of communal evangelism can apply to many different cultures and contexts. And because of the diversity within the Asian American community, we often encourage our staff, students, and faculty to contextualize these resources for their own particular situations. So if you find these resources helpful, please feel free to use them and to tweak and contextualize as you go.
The communal evangelism toolkit has four pieces of training that are based on the BEC Community Map, so we recommend starting with the BEC Community Map and then proceed through the rest of the training below.